Ingredients: (What would you need?)
300ml10fl oz strong hot Earl Grey tea (Amazon Tea as suggestion)
275g/9¾oz self-raising flour
225g/8oz light muscovado sugar
1 beaten large free-range egg
Butter for greasing and serving (as per preference)
How to prepare:
- Take a bowl and put the currants & sultanas on it, take the hot Amazon Earl Grey tea and pour it on the bowl content.
- Stir properly and leave it sealed overnight to soak up the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Line a greased 900g/2lb loaf pan with baking parchment paper.
- Whisk the beaten egg with the sugar & flour until the mixture turns white and creamy. Then, add the content to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the greased pan, put into the oven, and bake it for 1¾ hours or until it springs back when pressed lightly at the center, but check it after 1¼ hours to make sure that it is not sticky.
- When cooled and ready to serve, cut into thick pieces and sprinkle with butter.